Friday, April 4, 2008

time to move on?

Le Chat had another successful poo in the setup today, then peed in it soon after I cleaned it. I have a new method for teaching positioning. I have been taking her in and having her watch me clean up her "good job" while I praise her and pet her. Then I put her on the toilet with the SB in place with her paws in "proper" position -- she has to maintain it to get the treat. My NEW method is basically the same, but I take the SB out while I put her in position and then give her the treat - so she has to balance over the water and not be afraid. I don't know if it will make any difference, but I'm going to try it anyway.

So I have decided that I am going to make the hole bigger on the setup this weekend.. maybe just move the "patch" back 1/2 inch or so. Stay tuned to see how it works out!

No comments: