Saturday, February 16, 2008

welcome, self!

Well, this is my first blog ever. Am I doing it right? I created this blog to tell the story of toilet training my cat: Le Chat.

She really is a good little kitty. She's about 5 years old. My roommate told me that he had a friend that successfully trained her cat, so I decided to give it a try. I watched some videos on youtube to get an idea of where to start.

So I believe it was early November, 2007. I moved the litter box right next to the toilet.
A week later, I elevated the entire box by about 1.5 inches. Week by week, I raised the litter box until the top of it was level with the toilet. I think it was the middle of week 3 when my (human) toilet seat broke. So I bought myself a new one and taped the old one to her litter box. She was a little weirded out and meowed at it, but she never went outside of the box. Not even once!



Finally it was time to move the litter into the toilet. This required a different container: a sitz bath. I cut the bumps off the sitz bath so that I put the toilet seat down on top of it, and filled it with litter. I am a bit of an idiot, so I was still using clay-based NON-flushable litter at this point.




She was doing well with the litter container inside the toilet.

I will continue with the story later. I am tired.

No comments: