Monday, February 25, 2008

i knew this would happen

I went away for the weekend and had a friend (thanks, LBJ!) check in on Le Chat each day. I received word on Saturday that she pooed on the throw rug on the floor. When I got home this morning (Monday) there was a poo on the floor and 2 pee spots! doh! pee spots on the floor are VERY rare and so I am a bit disappointed that we have to take a few steps back to get the ball rolling in the right direction again. I think I'll try adding some more clay cat litter to the container and reduce the amount of feline pine litter..... she still doesn't seem to be too excited about the switch to flushable litter.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

carrie- the same thing happened when i went away for a long weekend. hello peed in the bathtub and on the floor. i'm not sure if she was upset i was gone or if her sitter didn't clean the setup properly. when my sitter told me what happened i told him to put the litter box back in her room and close the door to the bathroom. i didn't want her developing any bad habits by continuing that behavior.

if she was 100% on the set up before you left, you may not need to backtrack. she may just behave now that you are back. anyway, that incident convinced me that if i have to go away again, i'm just going to give her the litterbox back while i am gone. she went back to the training setup no problem when i got back.

jenny & hello